Boat is the name used for watercraft designed for travel in water. The term boat is usually used for vessels that are small enough to be carried on ships.
Parts of a boatEdit
- Bow-the forward end of a boat.
- Bulkhead-any vertical surface of a boat.
- Cabin-an enclosed space on a boat.
- Deck-is a horizontal structure spanning the hull, ships may have several, boats usually have one.
- Deckhead-the underside of a deck.
- Gunnel-the sides of a boat above the waterline.
- Hull-the main structure of a boat.
- Keel-the main lengthwise structure to which the members of the hull are attached.
- Stern-the after or rearward end of a boat.